Skills for Learning, Skills for Life
The Skills for Learning, Skills for Life Team is committed to meetings the individual needs of all students, and ensuring the highest quality of education for all students. The team consists of 4 teachers and 10 Teaching Assistants trained to support students with:
- General and specific learning difficulties
- Speech and language difficulties
- English as an Additional Language
- Sensory support for hearing or visual disabilities
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
- Reasonable adjustment required for meeting physical and mental health needs.
The team support students through:
- Evidence-based interventions to raise achievement in literacy and numeracy
- Planning and delivering lessons collaboratively with mainstream teachers, with TAs based in specific curriculum areas
- In-class support for individuals or for groups in mainstream lessons.
- Specific support for students with SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties)
- Access arrangements for examinations