The college has developed its reward systems to recognise and celebrate good progress, good attitudes to learning, good achievement, as well as good attendance and punctuality.
These rewards operate alongside the college’s positive attitude towards learning system, the college merit system and the systems that are already in place in each subject area.
- Certificates are awarded termly for excellent attendance.
- Students whose attendance and punctuality are excellent are eligible for rewards through ‘star of the week’ and termly prizes.
- All students who behave well, have good attendance and who are punctual, will have the opportunity to attend the reward events at Christmas and Easter and then also attend the whole College reward trips at the end of the year.
KS3 (Years 7, 8 and 9)
- Merits are awarded to motivate students to produce high-quality work by recognising, rewarding and celebrating their achievements.
- Merits are awarded for:
- consistently high levels of effort / contribution
- consistently producing good / improving work.
- Academic achievement is measured against the student’s ability. The more able your daughter is, the more we expect of her.
- Bronze, silver, gold and platinum certificates are awarded for accumulating merits throughout the year (minimum of 15 merits for Bronze to 70 for Platinum).
- In addition, reward events are organised at the end of each term.
KS4 (Years 10 and 11)
- In KS4 students are rewarded for good progress, effort, punctuality, attendance, behaviour and consistently following the College Dress Code through reward events, which are organised for those students who meet these criteria.
Positive attitude towards learning points are also awarded during lessons for students that demonstrate the following building learning power skills.
- Excellent attitude towards learning
Zero club certificates are awarded every half term and full term to celebrate all students that have only achieved positive attitude towards leaning points and no negative points.
Principal Awards are celebrated weekly. Students are nominated for these award by staff for a variety of reasons. The aim is to recognise and showcase student achievements.