Numeracy - Support and Provision
1. Intervention groups in Years 7, 8 and 9 with a focus on basic number skills.
Evidenced-based interventions used include:
- Numeracy catch-up
- Ask Kay for other intervention used
- Entry-level Maths in Year 9.
2. Breakfast and Lunchtime Clubs:
‘Maths Divas’ is an opportunity for students to be paired up with a Maths ‘buddy’ from Year 9 and 10. Students attend before school or during lunchtimes. Buddies will:
- Assist them in basic number skills
- Help students complete Maths-based activities
- Encourage students to learn and rehearse times tables
- Play Maths games with students
3. Homework Club and Touch Typing Club at lunchtime.
Students with ‘Access to Exam’ arrangements given reasonable adjustments during class tests and assessments.