Information for Parents and Carers
Helplines and Websites
- CHILDLINE 0800 1111 - A free and confidential helpline for children and young people in the UK. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NSPCC 0808 500 5000 - Advice, guidance, help and support or to take action on your behalf if you have concerns about a child who is either being abused or at risk of abuse.
- SAMARITANS 116123 - 24 hour phone line or find further information on their website: https://www.samaritans.org/
- TALK TO FRANK 0300 123 660 - Confidential drugs information and advise 24 hours a day. find further information on their website: https://www.talktofrank.com/
- MIND 0300 123 3393 - Confidential help on a range of mental health issues. find further information on their website: https://www.mind.org.uk/
- HEALTH FOR TEENS - https://www.healthforteens.co.uk/ A different way for young people aged 11-16 to learn about their health.
- EDUCATE AGAINST HATE - https://educateagainsthate.com/ A useful Website that gives practical advice and information on protecting children from extremism and radicalisation.
- BARNADOS - https://www.barnardos.org.uk/ Useful information for Parents, Carers and young people.
- FAMILY LIVES (BULLYING UK) - https://www.bullying.co.uk/ Useful information regarding bullying including cyberbullying.
If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of a child in Leicester, you can contact the LCC by calling 0116 454 1004 (24 hour service) or the police on 0116 222 2222.
for more information please follow the link provided:
If a child is living with, and being cared for by someone who is not a relative, the arrangement is called private fostering.
if you would like more information about this please see the leaflet below or follow the link provided: