Information, Advice and Guidance Lessons
- Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- Information, Advice and Guidance Lessons
Information, Advice and Guidance lessons are designed to help students make well-informed and realistic decisions at key points in their education.
Year 9 Programme of Study
- Employability Skills
- My Skills and Qualities
- Understanding the Options process
- Use of www.start to help identify personal skills and qualities
- Understanding Job Adverts
- Making a successful ‘business’ call to an employer
- Child Employment Laws
- Child Workers overseas
- How the tax system works and issues raised by the current system and spending priorities
- Employment law
- Consumerism and Consumer Laws
- Financial Capability
Year 10 Programme of Study
Students complete a 13 week programme of IAG, and rotate with Health Education and Core PE.
- Understanding the importance and purpose of CVs, and completing one.
- Completing research about post-16 options, looking in detail at different post-16 pathways, providers and personal options.
- Understanding interview techniques, with the opportunity to take part in a mock interview with a local employer.
- Understanding of employment law, and protected characteristics.