Community Governor Role
Calling all parents, carers and friends!! We are looking for people who could be involved as community governors at our college.
We would love to talk to you if you think you …
- Get on well with others
- Have skills you could bring to help us
- Can stand back and see the bigger picture
- Love your community and know what’s going on in it
- Have some free time and are prepared to commit to spending it learning about how governing works
We‘re not looking for…….
- Experts in teaching or learning
- People who have their own agenda about how school works
What you should be prepared to do….
- Come along to around 4 meetings a year
- Read all the paperwork and know what’s going on before you come
- Visit the college
- Do some training to help you get started
- Accept responsibility as part of the team for decisions we make
- Email the Chair of Governors, Jonathan Mansfield on Jonathan.Mansfield@lionhearttrust.org.uk
- or speak to Ms Angus
- We will arrange to have a chat with you before any decisions are taken.