Challenge Partners Review of Sir Jonathan North
Challenge Partners is a national practitioner-led charity that enables collaboration between schools in order to underpin improvements in educational outcomes. It encourages schools to challenge each other to pursue the very best for every child.
On 16 and 17 November, the college had its annual performance review where 4 reviewers, led by an Ofsted inspector, visited lessons and spoke to students and staff about provision and practice at the college.
Their report was very positive and upheld the school's current Ofsted grading of outstanding. Some of the key findings are listed below:
- The Principal and her team are passionate about their school and have high levels of ambition for all pupils. They are driven by an unwavering pursuit of excellence.
- Students in general are making above expected progress.
- The girls demonstrate a business-like attitude to learning. They are resilient, respect one another and are not afraid to learn from their mistakes.
- In most lessons the pace of lessons was often rapid with students being challenged.
- Students’ work is regularly marked and feedback... includes targets for improvement.
- School leaders are aware of the key areas for development to be urgently addressed and decisive actions have been implemented to secure rapid progress in underperforming areas.