Sir Jonathan North welcomes all feedback from parents and carers to ensure that the education and service provided meet the needs of all students.
What our parents say:
- 'Your college is one of the best in Leicester. The values and the ethos promoted are exceptional'. Year 11 parent
- 'We cannot put into words how much we appreciate the immense kindness and support shown to our daughter. Thank you'. Year 11 parent
- 'I think the support in year 11 has been excellent. The college have communicated well when required on any queries I have had and we have made excellent action plans'. Year 11 parent
- 'Excellent teachers and staff, very supportive and friendly'. Year 11 parent
- 'The support my daughter has received alongside the progress she has made is outstanding'. Year 11 parent
- 'Very impressed with all elements of teaching, resources available, extra-curricular activities and experiences outside of school – French trip – brilliant. Well organised and an invaluable experienced for my daughter. Well done all. Thank you'. Year 9 parent
- 'We are delighted with the progress that our daughter has made. We are also pleased with the number of opportunities she has outside of the classroom'. Year 9 parent
- 'She seems to have settled in very well and she’s enjoying every second of it'. Year 7 parent
- 'I feel my daughter has excelled since beginning at this school'. Year 7 parent
- 'I’m always kept up to date with information via the newsletter, email and text message'. Year 7 parent
- 'Very happy so far, pleased with her success and very proud of her and credit goes to all the teachers working hard and a very organised school'. Year 7 parent
Feedback from Year 7 Parents' Evening 5 October 2017
- 93% of parents said their daughter had been supported by the College in her move from Year 6 to 7
- 98% of parents felt their daughter was learning well in College so far
- 96% of parents felt their daughter was receiving sufficient homework
- 96% of parents said they were well informed about what happens in College
- The summer booster club was a very valuable resource provided by the school. This has made a huge difference and has helped her to settle in quickly.
- She is very happy and feels secure every day. She said I have new friends.
- Staff easy to approach and reception are amazingly friendly and helpful.
- She is getting practical insights into the curriculum subjects which enhances her understanding.
- I love Show My Homework and the lanyard information to see what they spend their money on.
- Always get text messages on my phone.
Feedback from Year 8 Parents' Evening 15 June 2017
- 94% of parents said that their daughter was making good progress.
- 99% of parents thought that teachers expected their daughter to work hard and do their best.
- 97% of parents thought that teachers encourage their daughter to become mature and independent.
- 83% of parents felt their daughter has been set regular homework.
Feedback from Year 7 Parents' Evening 11 May 2017
- 98% of parents felt their daughter had made a successful transition from primary to secondary school
- 97% of parents felt their daughter was learning well
- 77% of parents said their daughter was taking advantage of the extra-curricular activities offered
- 94% of parents felt well informed about what happens in College.
Feedback from Year 10 Parents’ Evening 2 March 2017
- 98% of parents and students were happy with the range of subjects in Key Stage 4
- 90% of parents felt their daughter was managing her workload
- 81% of parents agreed that the new format progress check gave useful information about how their daughter was progressing in each subject area
- 91% were aware of the grade she is capable of achieving in GCSE subjects.
Feedback from Year 9 Parents’ Evening 2 February 2017
- 96% agreed that the progress check provided useful information about their daughter’s progress in each subject area
- 97% of parents felt their daughter was learning well in College so far
- 91% of parents felt they were well informed about the Key Stage Four curriculum
- 86% of parents said their daughter knows how to use the online resources that the College provide.
Feedback from Year 11 Parents’ Evening 19 January 2017
- 97% of parents agreed that the College is supporting their daughter as she approaches her GCSE exams
- 97% of parents felt that they were well informed regarding key events during Year 11
- 94% of parents felt that the College informed them well regarding the choices and support available to their daughter after leaving Sir Jonathan North
- 97% of parents agreed that their daughter had the opportunity to be involved in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
Feedback from Year 7 Transition Parents’ Evening 6 October 2016
- 99% of parents said their daughter had been supported by the college in her move from Year 6 to 7
- 97% of parents felt their daughter was learning well in college so far
- 73% of parents felt their daughter was receiving sufficient homework
- 93% of parents felt well informed about what happens in college.
FEEDBACK FROM THE PARENT/CARER QUESTIONNAIRE June 2017
Thank you to all parents/carers who completed our questionnaire last term to give us feedback about how well the College is doing. Overall, responses have been very positive:
99% of parents agree their daughter is happy at college
99% of parents agree their daughter feels safe at college
98% of parents agree their daughter makes good progress at college
98% of parents agree their daughter is well looked after at college
99% of parents agree their daughter is taught well at college
95% of parents agree their daughter receives appropriate homework for her age
93% of parents agree the college makes sure its students are well behaved
92% of parents agree the college deals effectively with bullying
96% of parents agree the college is well led and managed
93% of parents agree the college responds well to any concerns they raise
89% of parents agree they receive valuable information from college about their daughter’s progress
89% of parents would recommend this college to another parent.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your views. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us to evaluate and improve our practice.
Parent View is a government website that asks the opinions of parents and carers on twelve aspects of their child’s schooling and five aspects of their child’s welfare. These range from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. It is an opportunity to give feedback in a confidential way to the College and can also be used in an Ofsted inspection. The government will use the information provided when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
All feedback allows Sir Jonathan North to improve its practices and teaching to benefit all students.
The questionnaire askes for a response ranging from strongly agree to strongly disagree and will not take more than a few minutes to complete.
The survey is not designed to make a complaint about the College. For a copy of the College complaints policy click here.