Sir Jonathan North welcomes all feedback from parents and carers to ensure that the education and service provided meet the needs of all students.
What our parents say:
- Your college is one of the best in Leicester. The values and the ethos promoted are exceptional.Year 11 parent
- We cannot put into words how much we appreciate the immense kindness and support show to our daughter. Thank you.Year 11 parent
- I think the support in year 11 has been excellent. The college have communicated well when required on any queries I have had and we have made excellent action plans. Year 11 parent
- Excellent teacher and staff, very supportive and friendly. Year 11 parent
- The support my daughter has received alongside the progress she has made is outstanding.Year 11 parent
- Very impressed with all elements teaching, resources available, extra-curricular activities and experiences outside of school – French trip – brilliant. Well organised and an invaluable experienced for my daughter. Well done all. Thank you. Year 9 parent
- We are delighted with the progress that our daughter has made. We are also pleased with the number of opportunities she has outside of the classroom.Year 9 parent
- She seems to have settled in very well and she’s enjoying every second of it.Year 7 parent
- I feel my daughter has excelled since beginning at this school.Year 7 parent
- I’m always kept up to date with information via the newsletter, email and text message.Year 7 parent
- Very happy so far, pleased with her success and very proud of her and credit goes to all the teachers working hard and a very organised school.Year 7 parent
Feedback from Year 10 Parents’ Evening 2 March 2017
- 98% of parents and students were happy with the range of subjects in Key Stage 4
- 90% of parents felt their daughter was managing her workload
- 81% of parents agreed that the new format progress check gave useful information about how their daughter was progressing in each subject area
- 91% were aware of the grade she is capable of achieving in GCSE subjects.
Feedback from Year 9 Parents’ Evening 2 February 2017
- 96% agreed that the progress check provided useful information about their daughter’s progress in each subject area
- 97% of parents felt their daughter was learning well in College so far
- 91% of parents felt they were well informed about the Key Stage Four curriculum
- 86% of parents said their daughter knows how to use the online resources that the College provide.
Feedback from Year 11 Parents’ Evening 19 January 2017
- 97% of parents agreed that the College is supporting their daughter as she approaches her GCSE exams
- 97% of parents felt that they were well informed regarding key events during Year 11
- 94% of parents felt that the College informed them well regarding the choices and support available to their daughter after leaving Sir Jonathan North
- 97% of parents agreed that their daughter had the opportunity to be involved in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
Feedback from Year 7 Transition Parents’ Evening 6 October 2016
- 99% of parents said their daughter had been supported by the college in her move from Year 6 to 7
- 97% of parents felt their daughter was learning well in college so far
- 73% of parents felt their daughter was receiving sufficient homework
- 93% of parents felt well informed about what happens in college.
Parent View is a government website that asks the opinions of parents and carers on twelve aspects of their child’s schooling and five aspects of their child’s welfare. These range from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. It is an opportunity to give feedback in a confidential way to the College and can also be used in an Ofsted inspection. The government will use the information provided when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
All feedback allows Sir Jonathan North to improve its practices and teaching to benefit all students.
The questionnaire askes for a response ranging from strongly agree to strongly disagree and will not take more than a few minutes to complete.
The survey is not designed to make a complaint about the College. For a copy of the College complaints policy click here.